Monday, November 20, 2006

When I have fears - John Keats

When I have fears
When I have fears that I may cease to be
before my pen has glean'd my teeming brain,
before high-piled books, in charactery,
hold like rich garners the full ripen'd grain;

when i behold, upon the night's starr'd face,
huge cloudy symbols of a high romance,
and think that i may never live to trace
their shadows, with the magic hand of chance;

and when I feel, fair creature of an hour,
that I shall never look upon thee more,
never have relish in the faery power
of unreflecting love: -then on the shore

of the wide world I stand alone, and think
till love and fame to nothingness do sink.

Cuando tengo miedo
Cuando tengo miedo de dejar de ser, antes
de que mi pluma espigue el bullir de mi mente,
antes de que altas pilas dee libros guarden
el grano maduro en su letra, como ricos graneros:

cuando veo en el rostro estrellado de la noche
altos símobols nubosos de una historia sublime
y pienso que puedo no vivir más para rastrear
sus sombras, con la mano mágica del azar,

y cuando siento, hermosa criatura efímera,
que nunca más podré mirarte, que nunca más
disfrutaré el mágico poder del amor
impulsivo; entonces, en la costa

del ancho mundo me quedo solo y pienso
hasta que amor y fama se hunden en la nada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home